https://www.facebook.com/redthreadshed/


Monday 27 December 2010

This cross stitch took a couple of years to do and afterwards was left for a number of months while I scouted for a frame big enough to put it in. I was quoted £45 for frame and mount which was fair enough I suppose as it's a enormous picture (couldnt afford it any way!) Finally found one in a charity shop for £5 and then had a mount cut for £6 so a bit of a saving there. It is now hanging up on the wall.



I did read the number wrong on the pink foxgloves so it's a different shade to the pattern and when I ran out was a bit of a panic as I didn't know what number I'd used (thrown away the label) fortunately managed to get a near enough shade that it actually doesn't show any different.....pheww. So that's my lesson learnt, make sure you read the labels correctly!! Also another thing I did wrong was to cut the material too short and so I had to leave out some of the bottom bit (which was only shading) so yet another lesson measure twice and cut once (which is what I tell myself but obviously I took no notice!).  Also I left out the butterflies as I didnt like them in the design, but that's just me.

3 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous .... I love x stitch but eyes feel the strain and I need good natural daylight to do it properly. I picked up a book at the car boot this year which is totally blue and white ... you have inspired me to choose a design and make a start next year x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, what a lot of work, but so worth it - looks fantabulous
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful Penny! I've just started cross stitching again, but I'm starting small. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete