https://www.facebook.com/redthreadshed/


Friday 25 March 2011

Cock-a-doodle-doo

As you might be getting a bit fed up with me posting monkeys all the time (never... did I hear you shout!!) here is a painting that hangs in my kitchen. I painted it on an old scrap of hardboard and put a home made hanger on the back. I put some satin varnish over the top to protect him although it's not really needed as it's acrylic paints.
We had a real cock once and he drove us up the wall with his crowing at 3o'clock in the morning, he had to go. (no he didnt end up in the pot!) This one is nice and silent :0D


(copied from a painting book)

2 comments:

  1. Very nice painting! I have an aunt who has a kitchen with roosters in it as well. This is great! Hope you had a great week;0)

    Hugs xx
    Cecelia B

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very clever lady you are! I love this painting with its French Country feel. Know what you mean about cockrels - hens are quieter!

    ReplyDelete