https://www.facebook.com/redthreadshed/


Wednesday 15 June 2011

Putting the bits together

Hello my lovies. Been madly knitting this cardigan and all the pieces are ready for putting together. It is a nice oatmeal colour with flecks in it.

As you can see it has a bit of aran in it but not much. BUT it seems that the wording for the back neck is wrong! Been left with 64 stitches instead of 32. There is no casting off for the shoulder shaping. I have read and re-read and then read again but it's definitely the pattern and not me. So that's a big nuisance, as I will have to figure out whats what. That's a job for tomorrow now.
Why do the wool manufacturers always do such huge balls of aran? As the second ball of 400g is usually only either a quarter or half used. (yes I do know the answer!!)

4 comments:

  1. I hope you get it figured out! It's going to be beautiful. I don't know how to knit, so I'm in awe of anyone who can. I thought about learing, but that's right when I discovered quilting. The rest is history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having fun. I hate it when patterns are wrong, makes you think you have done something and quite often I used to un pick and re knit just to find the same thing happening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very annoying to have wrong instructions. Perhaps you could make some matching Arran socks with the rest of the wool...?!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've inspired me to get my knitting needles out and use up some lovely wool that has been in my bag for ages. Have to use tried and tested pattern though, cos I'm easily defeated! Sally

    ReplyDelete