https://www.facebook.com/redthreadshed/


Wednesday 7 September 2011

Quirky Village....down your way

I have been busy the last couple of weeks working on this commission for a nice lady over on the shabby chic forum. I was sent a series of photos which were important landmarks to the recipient. The school, where she got married and the family shop and house, and also a little blue van were a must. So I let rip with my imagination and this is the result. Whilst it is in transit I always get nervous in case it doesn't match upto what the person thought, fortunately she loved it!

Some close ups


                                                          Family home/church where married
                                                                  The school and butchers shop


                                                          Family shop and van

                                                More houses and park


So that is the Quirky Village....... 'down her way' It took over a week to make but was a joy to do and I managed to fit all the important subjects in. This picture is 16"x12".
One of these days I will make a picture of my village and cottage for myself!

14 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - that is awesome! I hope she likes it as much as I do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats brilliant, absolutely lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful and I love how personal it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so my 'cup of tea'. Absolutely gorgeous I'm not surprised she was thrilled with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful, what a lucky recipient. There's a lot of work and skill in the picture.
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore your quirky villages! I bet she was delighted with it!
    kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. as the lucky lady who commisioned this I am soooooo pleased with it.I can't wait to give it to my friend.

    It has been beautifully made and I promise I will be back to have one for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to live in one of those houses. A brilliant bright addition to a wall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful. One of these days I am going to commission you to make me one of these fantastic pictures, they are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all your lovely comments. Would love to work on another commission!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As the recipitent of this wonderful gift I just want to say I LOVE IT. You've captured my childhood village superbly and it was instantly recognisable! Lots of tears of joy! Thanks so much for your creativity!

    ReplyDelete