https://www.facebook.com/redthreadshed/


Sunday 30 October 2011

knitted blanket

Whilst I was away the other week, this is another crafty thing that I started. I had bought the book
'200 knitted Blocks' by Jan Eaton. Inspired by these squares I made about 20 inbetween visiting/shops & etc. There are easy blocks and some for the more advanced knitter. I did make some of my own patterns up as well so it's is a right mixed bunch of patterns. The wool is just cheapo acrylic from QD I think. But I love the colours which are apple green and raspberry red.

I have a long way to go as I should imagine that at least 100 + are needed to make a good size blanket to snuggle into when it's really cold. Can you line it with a cotton backing tho to make it neat at the back? Well I will cross that line when I get to it, plenty of knitting to do yet!

Although the books title says 200 blocks there isn't 200 different patterns but different colourways are included. (I did know this as the reviews were very helpful) but nevertheless I thought it is a nice little book.








200 knitted blocks

3 comments:

  1. I love the colors you chose. That will be a very cozy blanket when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the blanket, your creations are always so gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's fabulous going. 20 squares done just like that. I wish I could finish my crochet blanket squares, but I've stopped at lap blanket size for now! :) The colours look very warm.

    ReplyDelete