https://www.facebook.com/redthreadshed/


Sunday 17 January 2016

Cosy, stripey blanket

Hi there folks from a rather icy far north. I had to clean out the freezer and as it was bitterly cold outside I just put the food outside! I tell you, all the food froze even some more and came back inside to a nice warm freezer in comparison haha.
The dogs think its excellent fun all the crunching and leaving little footprints in the snow/ice. We have lots of wood so we are nice and cosy and I'm on the last leg of knitting my rather large stripey blanket.
It had to be knitted into three sections as there was so many stitches on the needle. Just knitting the last edging and then I will see whats what. I think it's probably single bed size.



Look at all those ends but as I weaved in as I went along it was just snip, snip and all those ends were gone.


These stripes make your eyes pop open don't they haha.


This is the same pattern used to make a scarf, just right for those dark, winter days. Archie thinks its pretty comfy!

                         

                                                                                                                                                                  Thats all for this week folks, stay warm!

This weeks linky parties: clever-chicks-blog and .lucyblossomcrafts.co.uk/blog

7 comments:

  1. What wonderful colours, so bright and cheery for a winter's night snuggled in front of the fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors! I've always been one to crochet with muted earthy tones of greens, beige, browns...but bright, warm colors are growing on me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CHROMA-FEST! :-D
    I've been shovelling just about EVERY day for a week! So "colour" is always nice to see. [One of my excuses for buying 30 balls of wool today!]
    BTW, I know what you mean about stuff ending up colder OUTside of the freezer... I was just observing tonight that my soft drink can that had been IN the fridge for days, seemed to be *colder* after sitting in my room for a while... hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blanket and the scarf they both look cosy and warm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful blanket, it looks all nice and cosy and bright enough to cheer those really grey days

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colours, so vibrant for winter:) What a great idea to sew in the ends ass you go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely colours hun well done on finishing it xx

    ReplyDelete